Clothing is the most effective form of sun protection. It is our first line of defense against the sun's harmful ultraviolet rays.
Clothing made with sunprotective fabrics offers many advantages over sunscreen cream:
- They offer constant sun protection, unlike creams, they should not be reapplied every 2 hours. Its effectiveness does not decrease with the passing of the hours, the bath, the sweat or if we dry ourselves with a towel.
- The protection provided by the garment is always that indicated by the UPF factor, it does not depend on the amount of cream applied. It is important to remember that we normally apply much less than the amount of sunscreen that we should.
- The entire area that is covered by clothing is well protected. There are no neglect areas.
- It offers protection from the moment we start using the garment. We should not apply it time before for it to take effect.
- It can be used at any age. Sunscreens should not be used on children younger than 6 months.
- It is comfortable and easy to put on
- It avoids possible skin reactions that a sunscreen can cause, for example hypersensitivity reactions in children with atopic skin. It is a respectful option with our skin.
- In the long term, it is a cheaper option than buying several bottles of sunscreen ech summer. In addition, it does not stop being effective after 12 months like most sun creams once they are opened. Even if you have to change sizes the following summer, you can reuse the garment for a sibling.
- It does not generate waste, which makes it a more sustainable and environmentally friendly option. It is important to take care of our oceans and the environment.
- Brightly colored sun-protective clothing makes it easier for us to locate our children on a crowded beach.
At Badawii Beachwear we always say that the best sun protection for our children is the one they want to use, since that is the most effective way to ensure that they are protected.